Here's A Thought...

HERE'S A THOUGHT...
Here are some "THOUGHTS" that will hopefully answer some of the questions that you may have about what the Bible has to say about our everyday lives. These articles are here to provoke thought; provide answers, guidance and resources; all in an effort to bring you into a closer relationship with your Heavenly Father!

GOD BLESS and KEEP SMILIN'!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

ArmorOfGod2of7BeltOfTruth

Belt of Truth
So let’s talk about our armor!
When we are confronted with the spiritual enemies, Paul calls us to stand firm. We should stand firm knowing that we have put on our spiritual armor having first “fastened on the belt of truth”. The King James says, “having your loins girt about with truth”. To me that implies protecting what is easiest vulnerable to injury! Know what it true, do not allow yourselves to be deceived with lies, distractions and falsehoods. “Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation” (Psalms 25:5). “Teach me your way, oh LORD, that I may walk in your truth” (Psalm 86:11). “Whoever speaks the truth gives honest evidence, but a false witness utters deceit” (proverbs 12:17). “I did not speak in secret, in a land of darkness….I the LORD speak the truth; I declare what is right” (Isaiah 45:19). “And the word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth” (John 1:14). “So Jesus said to the Jews who believed in him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”“ (John 8:31-32). “When the spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come” (John 16:13). Jesus prayed for us to his father, “Sanctify them in truth; your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. And for their sake I consecrate myself, that they also may be sanctified in the truth.” (John 17:17-19). So in preparing for battle, start by tightening down your belt, cinch it tight and know that it is firm, know the Word, know what is true.

No comments: