Here's A Thought...

HERE'S A THOUGHT...
Here are some "THOUGHTS" that will hopefully answer some of the questions that you may have about what the Bible has to say about our everyday lives. These articles are here to provoke thought; provide answers, guidance and resources; all in an effort to bring you into a closer relationship with your Heavenly Father!

GOD BLESS and KEEP SMILIN'!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

WhoKnowsBest

Who knows best
Just recently my pastor at church was talking about the Holy Spirit and he touched on a passage that at the time spoke to me, but the longer it has sat on my heart, it has really began to move me. He was speaking from Romans 8:28, “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose”. The point he was driving home is that God knows what is best for me. On hearing this concept, it was not new. Of course God knows what’s best for me. That was no problem. God knows what’s best; all I have to do is just trust in God, right? No problem, piece of cake, just trust in God; trust. That’s when I hit the big wall.

Have you every completely trusted someone. Have you ever released all control of everything and turned it totally over to anyone else. Think of an amusement park and getting on a roller-coaster. We watch the ride, we see where it goes, we know what is going to happen, but we still get on the ride with a little fear and apprehension as they strap us in and we relinquish control. Is it so exhilarating because we give up some control? (By the way, I hate roller-coasters.)

Let me just say now that I have some major trust issues. Most of my life, I have felt that the only person that I could trust, was me. At some point, I have felt that everyone I have known has let me down. I have crawled into a shell of trusting only in myself and then no one can let me down or hurt me. So to say, trust in God, I find myself stopping and realizing that in order to do that, I have to give up my trust in ME! I have to admit, when that realization first hit me, I had a little panic attack!

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.” Proverbs 3:5. Say it, read it, sounds simple, but is it? Trust in the LORD with ALL your heart. I challenge you as I have recently challenged myself. Trust in the LORD, it is beyond all our understanding, but in that trust, relinquish control, turn it over to him. So I ask; where do we put God in our lives? Is he our first thought when we wake in the morning? Does he consume our every thought through the day? He wants to.

We need to turn it over to the Lord, trust in him, hand him the reigns and let him lead. All we do on our own or in our own name, is wasted time, wasted breath and wasted energy. “Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain. It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep.” (Psalm 127:1-2)

No comments: